Death due to Eating Bajji

Death due to Eating Bajji

A 45-year-old woman choked to death at around 6.30 pm on Thursday when Gangadharan was at work Padmavathi was eating bajji with her mother while watching TV. Suddenly, Padmavathi coughed and a piece got stuck in her throat.Though her mother offered water, it did not help, said an investigation officer. After her mother raised an alarm, the neighbours rushed in and took her to the Kilpauk Medical College and Hospital, where doctors declared her dead on arrival.Choolaimedu police registered a case and further investigations are on.Doctors say choking to death on food is very rare. “Which is why it’s important that we only bite as much as we can chew says Dr Andrea Josphine, who works in a Primary Health Centre.